[Land-speed] Turbos...

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Thu Oct 25 19:46:51 MDT 2007

Well, after my denial stage on my motor, I am ready to fix the problem.
Main issue was/is the very dinky A/R on the two old T3 turbos I have.
And they are marginal at supporting 550 hp at 15 psig. So I am looking
at several alternatives. One being a T76 which will provide for growth
potential up to a 347 stroker kit for my small block or a stock bore and
stroke 351.  But I am also looking at a cheaper alternative: A single
"T66" Chinese copy of something.  My question to the group is, Have any
of you any experience with the Chinese stuff?  Especially the turbos.
Ebay is full of  them. I can get this T66 for under 300 bucks. No it is
not Majestic  Turbo or Turbonetics,  but what the hey... maybe it can be
good, eh? So if any of you turbo freaks have any 'sperience, please let
me know soon?  If I am to do this I need the time to make it happen...

Oh, I did  purchase one of those intercoolers being sold oin ebay. It is
the one that is about 12 x 12 x 4.5 inches general dimensions. Nice
quality. Will it work? Maybe as good as a turbo!