[Land-speed] EFI AFR Question..

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Thu Oct 11 17:14:58 MDT 2007

Taking a moment or two and just browsing data. Since I am still learning
about EFI, can I ask a question? Ok here it is. If my brain box commands
a specific AFR number and then computes the injector pulse width to
meter the fuel to meet that AFR, and then my wide band tells me what the
actual AFR comes out to be, just how close should it be to be considered
to be good and accurate? Like if I tell it 11.5 and it comes back 11.2
or 11.8 or something. Just how far off can it be and still be
acceptable.  1 decimal place? 2? 3? Does any of that make sense?

just curious and as I said still learning..