[Land-speed] An amusing photo from WF

Ray Buck rbuck at xmission.com
Fri Oct 5 21:45:45 MDT 2007

Yesterday I was at the start line as Jo Coddington was about to make
many of her runs on the long course.  I happened to snap this picture:

http://www.chevyasylum.com/bsf2007/wf/20071004/20071004_293r8.jpg

It had crossed my mind previously (as I was talking with Wes Potter)
but I didn't realize what I had until I looked at the shot.  The dark
line in the upper left-hand corner is what I heard referred to as
"Boyd's Canyon" (You can blame that one on PorkPie); the little gouge
in the salt that seems to have had something to do with motorhomes
and wreckers.  I found the irony somewhat amusing.

I'm not taking sides here...just making an observation about the
interesting way a shot turned out.

Btw, from my (lunatic) fringe position, it seemed to me that the
Coddington team did a fine job of being a race team.  I found them to
be polite and friendly and low-key...but that's just one old fart's
opinion.  Your mileage may vary.

I tried to put more emphasis on detail and eye-catching shots in the
2 days I was there.  I guess I'll see how the photos are received to
determine if it was a success.  But I got a lotta pics to choose from.  :)

I sure enjoyed my time on the salt.  I really love the atmosphere at
WF.  I'm already crossing fingers and considering a sacrifice to the
weather gods for next year.  :)

Ray the (canyon) Rat

ps to Tomas: I'll get the pics I promised to you asap.  You do a good
"Walk like an Egyptian" act.  I liked that one.  (Yeah, I know...I
started it.)  Same holds true for your pics, Mayf.  Maybe if you
tried the Egyption thing I could get 'em done quicker.  LOL!