[Land-speed] Plating

Dick J lsr_man at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 20:38:05 MDT 2007

What I'm looking for, specifically, is:  Will muriatic acid, as available from a hardware store, strip nickel and chrome plating from steel.  I want to try bluing an old pistol that has a very bad chrome job.  It's of no real value, it's just something I've always wanted to try, but I've got to get the nickel and chrome (and rust) off this thing before I can try bluing it.

  DickJ