[Land-speed] Diesel Fuel Additives

Bryan Savage b.a.savage at wildblue.net
Tue Jul 24 17:49:48 MDT 2007

Ed, Re: "since the long-term effects of low-sulfur fuel are unknown"

Not true. The European Common Union legislated it over 10 years ago.
American engineers have known what is required, there have been SAE papers
on the subject back in the '90's.
What their management let's them do is another thing, unfortunitly.

Fact: American diesel powered trucks have been operation in Europe for
over 10 years without additives. (our military and specialized equipment).
There are have been no problems. Don't add anything to diesel fuel, BUT ----
water and dirt must be removed. Good, small water separator/filters are
available at marine supply places.

Two huge benefits, in my opinion, the crankcase is no longer a sulphuric
acid
factory and you can build engines like the GM Opal 1.9 4 TDI that puts out
214 HP and gives over 50MPG on the highway at 75 MPH.
Oil changes at 6,000 to 10,000 miles are nice.

I suggest you study the owners manual.
For racing, it's not what you put in the oil, it's what you take out
that's important -- AIR.
(Smokey Y.)

Bryan