[Land-speed] Silence is Golden

James Tone gmc6power at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 24 07:58:23 MDT 2007

Are you ready? Is your trailer serviced? How about your truck?.

One week and 1 day after a sucessful El Mirage "shaked down" cruise and new record, I have completed all the discrepencies found by the Chief Inspector, Alan Fogliadini, and ready to put the roadster in the trailer for Bonneville. Yes, even a pretty good inspector can miss a few things. I was a pleasure to have Fogy do it.

I would rather not run July for a test but this year it happened that way. All filters looked good oil, both gasolines, and the the fuel tank has been emptied for ERC.

The driver will be arriving Sunday, yep you geuessed it no room till then, so I can have fun with Dan and Fogy for a few days. I hope my competition doesn't push the record up too far. Looking forward into drilling a lot of holes in the salt.

I hope you all get ready and we have a good safe meet.........JD