[Land-speed] New course buzz LSR

Jon Amo webmaster at landracing.com
Sun Jul 15 23:22:21 MDT 2007

Whats wrong with the course setup... Specifically??? I praise the three
course setup... I only see three problems that could exsist.. Which arent
really problems rather then a work in progress.
1st. According to the map of the courses the timing slip pickup for your
speeds is located between the 6 and 7 mile marker for combination #1 Course.
That means for a short course or long course vehicle that only may run the
combination course thru the 3 or 4 and pulls off course asap. May have to
load the race vehicle then travel down to the 6 1/2 to get your timing
ticket. Then back down to impound.
2nd. For the spectators for the event there wont be much to see after the
pits. Again the end of the pits shows 6 mile on course, so for spectators
wont be much of a show down there.
3rd. If the combination course 2 is used for a long course vehicle
(streamliner type, that also loads onto a trailer or pushes back at rather
low rate of speed). I could see the 1 hour timetable to get to impound may
be an issue for some teams. Timing starts when you exit the last or first
timed mile? So now your tow rig how to go down 7-8 miles for pickup, then
load then back 7-8 more miles, go around the pre-stage area which will be a
very slow area, I see that could be a rather large turnaround, then back
another 3 miles to impound area. Using posted speed limits, one stop at
timing slips, and pushing rather slow back, and having short reception at
end when crew shows up, then loading the car.. I come up with 58 minutes...
And there is some safety margin in there. And that was assuming 50 mph down,
30 mph back, 10 mph around prestage area, 30 mph to impound area, and 15
minute reception and load time to prepare vehicle for push or tow back, 2-3
minute time slip pickup.

Would like to hear how fast (MPH) people tow back, in both a trailer loaded
vehicle, and a push type vehicle. I have seen some push back fast and some
very slow, I guess it just depends on vehicle.

I love the way the system is in place for this year, and I was just thinking
about it.. No complaints here as I dont think I will have an issue. Then
again if its just my wife and I again loading and unloading it takes a
little more time.

Maybe a little give on time to get to impound should be addressed??? Just
rambling here...

Jon