[Land-speed] Fw: Ford's Hydrogen 999 racer shooting for fuel cell land speed record > Hybrid News

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Sun Jul 15 22:54:10 MDT 2007

Jon, th e Hindenbeerg burned around the periphery of the hydrogen cloud.
If it was mixed with air, like it would be in a closed car, it woul
dhave exploded. ANd no, it does not have to be compressed.  And I did
over state the lower explosive limit and th eupper limits. IMy memory
was bad. It is more like 17% to 56 percent or some such. Never the less,
turn it loos int he interior of a car and it certainly will explode if a
spark source is present.

mayf