[Land-speed] Fw: FW: Fossett Update July 11

Ed Weldon 23.weldon at comcast.net
Thu Jul 12 18:25:49 MDT 2007

Sounds like it would be a good idea to minimize human activity in the area
that Steve Fosset plans to use.  Assuming a location will be known before
Speedweek, hopefully SCTA/BNI and later USFRA will be in a position to
minimize that intrusion from curious or even unknowing participants and
spectators at our events.  If the location is deemed to best be kept secret
we ought to urge everyone to try to stay reasonable close to our marked
roads during the course of our events even if it means having to put up with
traffic or slusshy spots in the salt.  I'd also suggest a bit of effort on
everyone's part to keep trash, especially big stuff, from getting picked up
by the wind.
Ed Weldon