[Land-speed] Ford's Hydrogen 999 racer shooting for fuel cell land speed record > Hybrid News

James Tone gmc6power at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 12 15:07:24 MDT 2007

I agree with Glen, Rick knows what to do there is no question with that. If the starter/tower stops the other 2 courses when this car is running we will all know whether they are holding up the meet or not. They will on the short/short course for a few runs anyway.

Some cars are inspected in the pits. nuf said on that. Hopefully they will take a back pit. Can you imagine how many "guest/spectator" cars will be around it?

For Jon: Yes, it's built as a race vehicle and will meet the rules I'm sure. Will it race...IMO Not much...It will be a PR car like all the concepts, etc..It that OK, you bet. Personally I hope they do good, go fast, and give Rick a safe ride.

Who gave up #999?