[Land-speed] TOE IN

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Tue Jul 10 11:55:00 MDT 2007

Yup, in a car like yours caster is a booger because the suspension is
rigid. As the wheels turn one tries to lift and the other lower all at
the same time. Add to that the turn radius described by the tilt of the
wheel caused by the caster and it gets complicated quickly.  As to
drawing straight lines... you use a plumb bob on the center of the front
of the car and drop a point on the floor. Ditto rear. Snap a chalk line
between them. Draw a perpendicular line at the centerline of the rear
axle. Now you got a really big diagram to work form and the accuracy
goes up. And you didn't have to cut down a tree to make paper....

Still as you say, this ain't no autocross car, lol...  Still you don't
want those front tires to wear out turning out...

mayf, in from cutting the front grass...finally cool enough that heat
stroke is not much of a problem..

Rear grass this evening..