[Land-speed] Fire alarm lite

neil at dbelltech.com neil at dbelltech.com
Fri Dec 21 11:23:47 MST 2007

Rick;

The flame sensors that I bought surplus were made by Kidde Aerospace. They
are supposed to be pretty good but we'll see.

Another type of fire sensor is the linear cable type such as:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KIDDE-FENWALL-35680-2-400-SENSING-ELEMENT-FIR
E-OVERHEAT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ26436QQihZ016QQitemZ260195050052QQrdZ1
QQsspagenameZWDVW

These have two or more wires running through them that are insulated from
each other by a material that drops its resistance at high temperature; by
measuring the resistance between the wires you can detect an overheat
condition. The cable can be routed around an engine compartment to cover a
large area.

Regards, Neil   Tucson, AZ