[Land-speed] Targets...

Keith Turk kturk at ala.net
Wed Dec 12 02:37:50 MST 2007

Here's my world... it's not real fancy..

Ya got two kinds of targets each further broken down into two categorys...

Pre-planned targets...  dictated from higher in a briefing and on your
target list...

Targets of opportunity...  things that pop up in the gun sites...  look like
fun and generally cause you the most grief during your debrief and court
martial.

All targets of any nature can be Moving or Sationary...  Moving targets
involve lots of thought...  Projectile drift, Trajactory shift, Porjectile
Jump,.... so on and so forth... and constitute a real pain in the ass to
hit.... but give high scores in during the debrief of the gun tapes... (
think lots of high fiving and stuff like that ... mostly childish Pilot
stuff... puffing out of chests and junk ... you get the idea )( Think:  BIG
watch, needle dick, looking for a place to write a check )

Now Stationary targets... they are easy... not much thought involved... and
a stationary target of opportunity... well it's just one of those things
that WAY to easy not to pass up...

....  So I get this e-mail about a plaque that's obviously a mistake...
Here is a target of opportunity... See I poke fun at my friends... and since
your my friend...well ... there you go...  Your now a target ... and in this
case a target of opportunity...  cause I sure wasn't briefed by anyone for
this mission....it's a target of opportunity...  and since that little
e-mail was just sitting there on my screen for me to reply at my leasure...
it was a target of opportunity that was stationary in nature...  hmmm
Switches Hot, ...  High bo diddley bop... 12 full rounds will hit the
spot...

Mayf... in other words... of course your smart... of course I was teasing...
of course your my friend, and next time... remember I play with words like
you play with Math... it's fun... I sure would never intent to offend or
cause harm... Please accept my apology if you felt that way...

Keith