[Land-speed] Art Arfons

Tom Bryant saltracer at awwwsome.com
Tue Dec 4 09:40:56 MST 2007

List,
I received the following from a fellow racer, Bob Brissetti. Since I had not
seen it on the list, I thought  I should forward the news.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/F\CC

From: LandSpeed Louise
Date: 12/3/2007 10:41:17 PM
To: News Alert
Subject: Art Arfons RIP
Friends of speedy deeds  . . .
With tears and a halting voice, a member of the Arfons family called me
early today to say Art passed into the great speed laboratory in the sky at
4:00AM CST Monday morning.

 Art will be buried in his fire suit, with wrenches in his hands and J79 jet
engine operating manual by his side. Also tucked away with him will be a jar
of salt bought home  oh so many years ago.
Art Arfons was the epitome of land speed racers  an ordinary guy who chose
to do extraordinary things; he never tried to be someone he was not, or
weave a facade of celebrity around himself. Arthur always let his deeds
speak for themselves.
He was my friend, one I did not see too often, but whose passing touches me
deeply, the historical foundation of the sport is a bit more hollow tonight.

Some speed has gone out of the world today. The likes of which is a
pioneering touchstone to honor and remember with gladness.
Speedy Regards,
"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth
Member: Board of Directors/Motor Press Guild, American Auto Racing Writers &
Broadcasters, Society of Automotive Historians, Western Automotive
Journalists
. www.landspeedproductions.biz
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a
Ride!"

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of faint_grain.jpg]