[Land-speed] Deceleration

John Burk joyseydevil at comcast.net
Mon Dec 3 23:34:57 MST 2007

Bob

If you know the Cd and the square ft. of the chute standard the formula for
drag :

(Cd x .002 [air density at Bonneville] x ft/sec squared  x sq. ft. x .5)
tells you the drag at any given speed

 Adding the drag of the car and dividing by the car wt gives the Gs .

I'm shure Bob Stroud knows the sq ft and Cd of all his chuted off the top of
his head .