[Land-speed] Front axle AERO?

Want1937hd at aol.com Want1937hd at aol.com
Fri Aug 31 23:15:29 MDT 2007

Some time before 1910 they filled I beam front axles with wood blocks to form
a wing profile. Does that have any positive effect other than just looking
cool? Bob the historian in connecticut

We asked the Front axle aero question about width to Gary Eaker ( he owns
the wind tunnel in Charlotte ).... and he didn't think it mattered how long
the axles were... his thought was stablity first and the miniscule aero
advantage of closer to the body a VERY distant second....  he emphised that
it really didn't matter how far they stuck out...