[Land-speed] No Hands Chute Release>From>Jim McNaul

jgmagoo at comcast.net jgmagoo at comcast.net
Wed Aug 29 13:28:11 MDT 2007

I read the post about being able to release the chute without taking either hand off the steering wheel. This is interesting and makes sense.

I am building an enclosed cockpit lakester.

My question is, what is a super-reliable, fool-proof system for releasing the chute using a button/ switch on the steering wheel?  I assume it would be something of an electrical or air-actuated release.  What I guess I'm asking is what is the safest and most reliable method of accomplishing this. A lever and cable release, which I see used by many, seems very reliable and fool-proof, but the hands-on-the-wheel idea seems to have merit also.  Decisions, decisions!

Thanks.

Jim