[Land-speed] suspension

neil at dbelltech.com neil at dbelltech.com
Mon Aug 27 13:02:36 MDT 2007

David;

Springs are springs, no matter what they're made of-- air, rubber, steel, or
unobtanium. Spring materials do vary on things like spring rate, linearity,
and hysteresis (energy absorbed, like a built- in shock absorber) so there
are differences in how they react to bump & rebound forces.

I knew a fellow who wanted to build a small displacement road race car using
multiple valve springs in his suspension (instead of the usual coil springs)
in order to save weight. I don't know if he ever built that car but it
should have worked.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ