[Land-speed] Bail out

dan warner dwarner230 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 09:49:37 MDT 2007

I thought this was already done except for the time limit. Page 28, section 3.E.

  DW

Sparky <sparky.2211 at cox.net> wrote:
  Dan,
I for one would like to a section in the Saftey rules about a fire at
Speed:

When building cars; builders and drivers should be mindful of placement of
seats, controls, and releases to facilitate exit in case of fire. For saftey
reasons all drivers must be capable of performing "A Bailout"

Driver is expected to be simulate in full drivers suit at any meet at the
request of the Chief inspector. Failure to be peformed in satisfactory manner
in less that 30 seconds in 2 of 3 attemps results in suspension of right to
drive that car untill procedure can be done at a future meet.

Fire declared by a Clap of hands:
1. Stop car--Chute deployment & hard breaking simulation
2. Stop Fire--simulate deploying the apporiate fire suppresion system or
systems
3. Bailout to ground.

Sparky
AA/_ L 2211
dwarner230 at yahoo.com

Land-speed mailing list

Started 62nd, first to finish - PRC Reliability Run '07