[Land-speed] driver skills

rex svoboda svoboda at marsweb.com
Sat Aug 25 14:33:12 MDT 2007

If we want to continue driving race vehicles late into life we must ....
practice, practice and practice.  Anything to keep the reflexes as sharp
as age will let them be has to be good.  More important practice at the
limits of control to keep mental judgment from rusting.   Many
opportunities exist: autocross, driving schools, motorcycles,
snowmobiles, lawn mowers, skiing (?)- this is America we will race
anything.   My limited experience tells me that Bonneville high speed
driving requires a sensitivity to the smallest bit of  vehicle feedback
and quick mental judgment to make the right decision.  We can cross
train for this all year long.
hoping to keep at it for a while   Rex