[Land-speed] Ranting

Wester Potter wester6935 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 5 18:41:50 MDT 2007

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

I wrote a long explanation telling what our "volunteers" get for the
time they spend on the salt then said *%#@ &!%# Otto and deleted it.

Otto, just be glad those "volunteers" are there because you would hate
to take a day or so away from racing to do what they do for what they
get.  You show up for inspection after most of the work has been done.
When the meet is over for you you go home.  Those volunteers pick up
the crap you and others leave behind in addition to all the
infrastructure that has been installed over ten plus miles of salt.  We
have done it in water up to five inches in depth on the course in a
pouring rainstorm.  There's no pay for the equipment clean up over the
rest of the year other than perhaps a lunch.  The term "labor of love"
isn't too far off.

Wes