[Healeys] BADGE, Austin Healey MK III

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Fri Sep 29 09:22:54 MDT 2023

I wonder if you could get a refund from Moss and have your original restored?

I’ve used Pamela David Enamels:-

 <http://www.badgecraft.co.uk/> ONE-OFF BADGE MANUFACTURE & RESTORATION OF GLASS ENAMEL BADGES (badgecraft.co.uk)

Don’t be put off by the rustic state of their website or the reference to faxes. Their work is excellent. They are not VAT registered so it’s £266:00(!!!) plus shipping. It would be done by February!

A lot of money. A lot of time. But you’ll have something as good as new. I put my money where my mouth is and had them do mine. Mine looks just right, I think, and I was flattered if extremely pissed off when a bodyshop stole it and put on a crummy repro. “Oh”, the man said, “we always put on new badges when we work on classics.” I asked where mine was.. “We threw it out, of course”.

I told him that he had 5 minutes to rethink whereupon he opened his drawer and passed it over. The police was not interested! Enough waffle…

Simon