[Healeys] Concours question BN2 Air Filters

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 11:45:30 MDT 2023

Hi Mark,

Just because one set of filters was found with satin black air filters does
not make it so. Especially since the owner stated that the car had a chrome
valve cover and these were typically sold as a set with the air filters
also in chrome [I've seen at least four original ealy BN1s with chrome
valve covers and they ALL had chrome air filters too]. The more likely
scenario is that over 70 years, the chrome started looking tatty and the PO
painted them black.

For now, the Concours standards state either wrinkle black on early BN1s
and Hammertone engine green on later BN1s and BN2s. If we can find three
examples of early original/documented cars with satin black air filter
housings, we will definitely revisit this issue.

Cheers,

Curt