[Healeys] Oil pressure gage fitting

Harold Manifold manifold at telus.net
Sat Sep 2 09:58:52 MDT 2023

Hello,

I have a spare one of these adapters but it came off of a 3000 engine from
a MkI and it might be different from what was used on the 100.

Here are the specs. Small side that threads into the block is 1/8" BSPT -
tapered thread 28 TPI. The large side is 1/4 BSPP - parallel thread 19 TPI.
Note that NPT may be close in size but has a different thread form than
BSP. I made mistakes identifying fittings when I started restoring my car
and learned the hard way to measure twice. All of the pipe and tubing
fittings on my car were either BSPT or BSPP.

I hope this helps.... Harold