[Healeys] Mating the overdrive to the transmission

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Mon Jun 19 19:18:12 MDT 2023

I spent the day assisting a friend trying to mate his OD to his transmission. The car is a '63 BJ7. The overdrive & Trans. were pulled to replace a few internal trans parts which was done & we did not run into any issues. We can get the OD to within approx. 1/2-3/4" of mating to the trans, but cannot close that gap. We have confirmed that the oil pump roller has been fully retracted. What are we bumping up against & how do we get past it?Gary Hodson