[Healeys] High clutch

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 06:48:11 MDT 2023

My problem is just the opposite:  After having just replaced the clutch and
pressure plate in my 100 the clutch does not *disengage* until almost the
extreme of clutch travel:  i.e. when my foot is depressed to the
floorboard.  Though my car's clutch was originally mechanical I long ago
replaced it with hydraulics after installing a Smitty's Five Speed Toyota
transmission conversion.  I have checked the linkage for wear and do not
see the usual egging out of holes and the hydraulics seem okay.  Would
changing the bore size of either or both cylinders be a fix?

Best--Michael Oritt