[Healeys] Fw: Fw: 851-310 Gas Tank Strap - Too thick - Westport Vintage Restorations 7-553606 - 5-6162672

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Sun Aug 6 08:28:59 MDT 2023

Gary,
These day you cannot survive in the shark sea, when you do a detailed
quality control.
Most parts are comming from far east, mainly China and Taiwan. The parts
were taken out of the containers and sold without further checking.
Staff for doing it is expensive. Only those parts which are prone to
failure where checked randomly. Actually there are big quality problems
with regulators RB106 or RB340 for generators. I have to calibrate each of
them comming in which takes me around 5 minutes each. Half of the coming in
regulators, are not calibratable at all and they go directly into the bin.
As said quality is below cero, but they are cheap and they all coming from
the same source. Easier/cheaper to bin half of them, then looking for a
better source.
And there is no one doing them in quality. Same with high torque starter
motors or alternators in the body of a generator.
For my own brish classic carslöujiot6t7z I go to autojumbles mainly in
England

Josef

-----Original-Nachricht-----