[Healeys] Door fit

John Spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 30 18:00:30 MDT 2022

If the previous cover plates fit and the door did too, you should not have
to adjust the door to get the cover plates to fit. When I installed new
cover plates I recall trimming them at the edges against the sill and B
pillar and also trimming them where they fit together at the 90 degree
corner. I also had to enlarge the holes for the strike plate although there
is not a lot of margin to do that. If you still want to adjust the door
hinges, it is not likely possible if the car has not been restored and the
hinges have not been loosened at the A pillar before. The nuts attaching the
hinges to the pillar are likely to be rusted.

This presumes the plates are properly formed to begin with and the sill and
B pillar are correct too.

John