[Healeys] Greasing the Driveshaft U Joint

John Spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 29 12:02:39 MDT 2022

They are typically 1” long.

John

From: Healeys [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Harold Manifold
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2022 9:32 AM
To: Healey List <healeys at autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Greasing the Driveshaft U Joint

Hello,

My Healey is nearing completion and after installing the driveshaft I tried to grease the U-Joint only to find the nozzle on my grease gun is too large to fit into the u-joint. Is there a grease gun with a narrow nozzle or a narrow nozzle extension? I replaced the u-joints and used the grease fittings that came with the new joints. Should the grease nipples (zerk fitting) be changed to the longer ones?

Thanks... Harold