[Healeys] Main beam warning light

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Sat Sep 10 17:34:40 MDT 2022

Simon-if you have good eye sight and a steady hand, CAREFULLY,
slightly open the tabs on the rear of the chrome ring-just a slight
bit-if you move them too much they will break off. Now rotate the ring
to the open slots. Don't let the glass fall out. Carefully lift from
the seal. Remove and clean glass inside-don't bung the needle, but the
little circle you can probably push out from the rear lamp opening-yes
it is just s small piece of acetate or Mylar. Replace the circle with
the blue one-maybe a very small drop of airplane glue on edge if it
tends to fall out-if tight good- if loose it will be laying in the
bottom of the gauge after a few miles.
Now rotate the ring back into place and just push the tabs down a
small bit, softly-I use a wood coffee stick-again so you don't break
them off-they are brittle from chroming. Clean the outside of the
glass and replace the rubber "O" ring which is actually a square
rubber to be correct. Best of luck.
For the ignition lamp, make sure you have the correct bulb-it is not
the same as the panel bulb-its brighter. Needs a good ground as well.
Hank

Healeys"