[Healeys] HS4 gasket issue

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 20:34:56 MDT 2022

My guess would be that the mating faces of the carbs are not flat or the
spacer is compressed at the stud holes.
I encountered the same issue with my MGBGT.
Carefully filing the carb faces flat and sanding the faces of the spacers
on a surface plate seemed to eliminate the issue.
Also use no sealant on the gasket surfaces ... it can make them slip under
high vacuum.