[Healeys] Union - oil gauge pipe

m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca m.g.sharp at sympatico.ca
Sun May 29 09:14:10 MDT 2022

I am quite sure the thread into the block is straight, not tapered.  The adaptor should screw up hard onto the copper washer.  The thread may be bunged up with crud, so measure the thread on the adaptor and carefully run a tap down the hole in the block.  If it starts cutting metal, I’d stop and figure it out, but I bet it will just clean up the threads and the adaptor will screw in.

Cheers, Mirek