[Healeys] Healeys without opinions

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Mon Mar 28 14:59:56 MDT 2022

Double "right on" Perry! Hank

	-----------------------------------------From: "healeyguy--- via
Healeys"
To: "javrugtman at htcnet.org"
Cc: "healeys at autox.team.net"
Sent: Monday March 28 2022 12:52:41PM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys without opinions

  John I have sold a few cars over the years but I'm not a dealer.
Have found the best for me was to advertise locally first. The local
Craigslist is a starting point. Let your local car clubs know that the
car is available, and it doesn't have to be a British only club. The
reason I suggest local first is seems to be easier to work out the
details, title transfers, shipping, and most importantly they can
travel to see the car.
 Next set a price and stick to it. Everyone will try to knock another
$500 off the sale price. Do not use the term "asking" in the advert.
 Always request that the potential buyer, who has traveled to look at
the car and is telling you that your price is too high, for a firm
offer for your consideration before he/she walks out of the garage.
Make sure you have their contact info, to get back to them. Write it
down along with their offer price on a piece of paper in their
presence and show it to them to make sure it is accurate.  I f that
does not work and after you think you have waited long enough without
success (that varies greatly) expand your area. Don't get to upset
when the tire kickers show up or potential byers cancel their
appointment with you. You are presenting your car to a small group of
potential byers compared to many other makes and models.
 As with many things, the motivation factor, as in lack of motivation,
will show up along this path. We have had the red car for 57 years and
we are not much younger than you. I sometimes ponder what will become
of it when that inevitable time comes. My wife keeps saying she gets
to go first so that she does not have to clean up the mess.....
 All the best to you  Perry