[Healeys] PCV installation BJ8

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Mar 21 22:23:02 MDT 2022

Yes, the mechanic--a New Zealander--is very meticulous; he's also an A&P
(Aircraft&Powerplant) mechanic. I asked him to install a rear crank
seal, but he insisted a PCV was preferable.

My BN2 has a rear crank seal but pees oil. I'm looking to fit a PCV
valve; it has a lot of crankcase pressure and I suspect the 'road draft'
system isn't doing its job, possibly exacerbated by the seal.

Thanks for the tip, think I'll grab a couple; did you have it sized per
the spec, or just take a SWAG?

Bob