[Healeys] OD BJ8--update

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Mon Mar 21 17:48:52 MDT 2022

Today, after putting everything back together I took her for a drive.  First thing I noticed is that she was I
od before I even flipped the switch.  Stayed there the whole time even in first gear .  Would kick in and out as the speed dropped.  Came home--pulled everything to get to the sw.  The arm on the right side was sitting higher up over the hole.  The solenoid worked nicely and the arm moved up and down.The arm that is moved by the solenoid was clamped toght--no slippage there.\When in OD, the arm did not line up exactly with the hole---off a bit----and a little jiggling allowed the holes to align.   Weird that is was i OD and stayed there the whole time.Any additional thoughts?  Anyone have a Smitty's 5 speed they want to sell:)  I'm getting a bit tired of this OD thing!!tom----- Original Message -----