[Healeys] Heresy!!!!!

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Mon Mar 21 10:13:23 MDT 2022

We own a couple of hybrids - no, not a Healey - and I won't be
converting any or buying a fully electric car. The issue for me is range
and the inability to recharge in any reasonable amount of time. I live
in the country and our nearest charging point is 10 miles away and It
takes hours and hours to charge. Using electricity from a domestic
source is as bad if not worse.

Both charging time and battery range that is critical for me. Several
times a year we make a journey of about 1000km (each way) deep into
France. Normally in a diesel or petrol car we can do this in about a day
and a bit. If we added current recharging times that would add at least
the better part of a day.

On other occasions we make trips into the far Highlands of Scotland (a
similar sort of distance). Up there there are *no* charging points.

In fact most electrics wouldn't get me from my home to London without
the need for a recharge!

Don't get me wrong, in principle the idea is great and important. It is
just that we are being sold a technology which isn't sufficiently
mature. Conversions come in at tens of thousands of whatever your local
currency is - at least! - which I simply don't have. I don't have a
solution, although a hydrogen conversion might be more effective at some
point.

Peter

--

Dr. Peter Dzwig