[Healeys] Oil grade for 100 Le Mans

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Mar 20 15:55:11 MDT 2022

I've run 20W-50 in both my Healeys--BN2 and BJ8--for years (35+ for the
BJ8). Note some owners swear by Penrite, which has a 60-rated oil (don't
know what the winter value is).

The only real 'risk' would be a cold start at freezing or lower temps,
which could conceivably result in a bit more top end--and starter--wear.

bs