[Healeys] OD BJ8

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Sun Mar 20 12:39:41 MDT 2022

Yes, and I agree with Michael, and Simon's note; a pressure test is in
order. Problem always being obtaining a gauge and fittings. However,
it is imperative that the pressure be 400+lbs. or it is not producing
a good overdrive exchange. Electrics are one thing, and pressure
another-then, wear factor a third.

If it does not hit 400, you might as well rebuild the unit, or at
least clean it and retest. Disengagement is a result of the pressure
being released, and the 8 springs pushing the clutch back to direct
drive. You need the 400 lbs. to overcome the 8 springs, and QUICKLY
move the clutch forward to OD. My thoughts, Hank

Healeys"