[Healeys] OD BJ8

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Sun Mar 20 09:04:18 MDT 2022

I mentioned before that my OD was VERY slow engaging.  Today I pulled the tranny cover.  Checked to see if the 3/16 rod would align when OD engaged.  I aligned perfectly.  So--I assumed the lever that is moved by the solenoid was adjusted properly.  checked lever clamp to make sure the nut was tight.  it wasan observation---the movement of the lever is small---moves, but not much  maybe it doesn't move much-just an observation.As I mentioned before it disengages from OD instantly---but going in is SLOW (minutes)or never-------.Now I'm back to my puzzling stage:):)  What is causing it?? I'm using 30wt non-detergent.  OH--I pulled the operating valve and checked to make sure the small hole wasn;t clogged. It wasn't.any other thoughts are very welcome.tom