[Healeys] Using a Quick Jack on a BJ8 Healey

rfbegani at gmail.com rfbegani at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 14:29:53 MST 2022

Sorry for my photos being in the wrong sequence.

To the right #5 shows my first raising, lowering, on the frame and noticing it is difficult to get to the trans and engine.  As my outriggers are rock solid on the right side of the car #7 I decided to test using the out riggers. This is the easy side because no exhaust pipes in the way, as you can see in picture #5. In picture #6 and #3 a little pushing and shoving to get the QJ platforms in the right place to allow the blocks to meet the outriggers firmly.  Now that I know how it fits I will be able to get the car up on the QJ quicker.

As mentioned by one of the listeners, unfortunately, due to the weight of the engine the front of the car will require jack stands or a jack holding the front frame solidly while under the car.

Let me know what you think of this layout and any other you have discovered.

Now I can go about removing the interior and the trans to find the oil leaks coming from the engine plate.

Bob Begani