[Healeys] OD problems--BJ8

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Mon Mar 7 07:53:59 MST 2022

Several months ago I had the OD unit rebuilt (BJ8)---new brass parts.  Added 30w non detergent oil.  At first, it would shift into OD pretty quick.  Now--it take forever to go into OD----a minute or more.  Coming out of OD is instantaneous.  The question is why so long to go into OD.  Before rebuild, it would go into OD quickly and perfectly every time.  I was using Redline MTL then.  Could the 30 wt be a little too heavy and be creating pressure problems.  Might the MTL solve the problem?Thnkstom