[Healeys] Trunk floor holes

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 14:30:16 MDT 2022

My very low mileage BN2, the frame of which I  am currently painting, has 2
apparently unused holes in the trunk floor that are definately original.
The trunk floor of my early BN1 also had the same holes however, as I had
no clue as to their purpose, I did not drill them into the replacement
floor of the BN1.
The holes in question are 1/4" in diameter and are positioned 5.5" forward
of the 5/16" diameter holes through which the threaded ends of the fuel
tank straps pass.
Obviously these holes are covered up by the fuel tank when viewed from
above but are visible when looking at the underside of the trunk floor.
Does anyone have any idea why these holes are in the in the trunk floor or
what purpose they serve. (I'm guessing water drainage but that seeme a bit
out of character because,  as we all know, rust prevention was not a high
priority in the car's design.)