[Healeys] Engine lift

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Wed Jul 27 11:26:09 MDT 2022

Spot on , Bruce. It is much easier to have the assembled unit buttoned
up to install, and yes, it takes some special finesse to slide the
whole chunk into that minimum space, lift the rear of the trans with a
rope, and then sigh a relief and have a beer. But then, its done. The
other way, as you say, with multiple jacks and a sharp eye align the
pilot hole which is a small target on a large hunk of cast iron,
eventually getting it to go home, and then have a beer.
The difference between the two methods, besides having a sturdy engine
puller for the dropping in whole unit, is that by the second method,
your beer might get warm. I would love to come help-one of my favorite
tasks...Hank

Healeys"