[Healeys] Engine lift

Roland Wilhelmy sentenac.rw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 18:02:01 MDT 2022

You should get a lot of responses to this. Alternatives range from the shop
manual's 'just use the two studs that hold the valve cover on' to my 'belt
and suspenders - make up two brackets from angle steel that pick up as many
good head studs at front and rear as possible'.  I don't like relying on
studs in tension but that is about all there is on the 4 cylinder engine.
With the six you can make up brackets to pick several studs in shear.

The shop manual approach uses the two weakest studs which might have been
better when the engines and studs were new.  If you are hanging engine and
tranny that's a lot of weight for two threaded studs in tension.

-Roland