[Healeys] Missing Bugeye Project car

Jim Ryan ryan at jimryan.com
Tue Jul 12 21:07:33 MDT 2022

I thought I sent this to the list but can't find it so maybe I forgot to
hit the send button.

A buddy of mine had a Bugeye sitting for years in his garage and offered to
give it to me.  Well, I had just bought one and no longer have the time or
room for a parts car.  So we contacted somebody I knew who might be able to
evaluate its needs/worth in the event my son would be interested.  Long
story short the car was towed to his place and it was soon determined it
was outside my son's interest and capabilities.  So it was left where it
was towed to to try and determine what to do with it.

Well, things changed where it was stored and when I went in to have some
work done on my Bugeye I walked around looking for this project and it was
gone.  I don't want to get into the details of the circumstances but simply
state that I have no reason to believe anything nefarious occured, but that
due to the changes in personnel it simply was lost.  The owner, my friend,
was going to give it to me anyway, so had no interest in it and simply
shrugged it off, but I still feel weird as I told him to bring it there.

Anyway, those details are not really relevant for my inquiry to the list as
I thought, as a long shot, I would put the description out there to see if
anybody knows of an acquisition of a project Bugeye.  I want to be clear, I
DO NOT think whoever has it did anything wrong, I am just really curious as
to where it ended up.  So, here is what it was:

195x Bugeye
No doors, no windshield, crushed in rear deck,
(supposedly)rebuilt 1275 and gearbox.
Old, probably original white paint.
usual rust.
No drivable, but did roll.
After cursory inspection, the engine did not turn over by hand
No idea on the VIN.
Would have been acquired from the New England area.

--

Jim

©¿©¬