[Healeys] fuel consumption

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Sun Jul 3 10:13:57 MDT 2022

I suspect a bust either in your measurements or your math. Doubling the fuel consumption would necessarily entail an extremely rich mixture, assuming the fuel is not going somewhere else than the combustion chambers. An imperial gallon is approximately 20 percent larger than a US gallon so your conversion would seem to be backwards. Are you sure you were not measuring US gallons in which case your imperial mileage would be closer to 12 mpg. Still not good but more logical. At this point I would throw out  the existing data and start over.

Bill Lawrence
BN1#554