[Healeys] Quick check

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 21:22:25 MST 2022

Listers,

The white plastic chassis/engine no. tag in the driver's footwell and the
aluminum chassis tag on the right frame rail were used up to BN1 chassis
no. 219001 Sep. '54 which was when the unified chassis and engine numbers
were introduced.

Below is an excerpt from my "Concours Chart of Changes" for BN1/2s.

*This (chassis no. 219001) appears to be the point where the plastic
chassis and engine no. tag on the footwell trim panel were changed to the
oval aluminum unified chassis/engine no. tag. Also, at this point the
aluminum chassis tag was removed from the right frame rail in the engine
compartment by the master cylinder bracket, however the two mounting holes
for this tag remained through the end of BN2 production. This new oval
aluminum tag remained in the driver’s foot well at least until early Jan.
’55, when it was moved to the firewall below the batch/body number tag.*

Cheers,

Curt