[Healeys] Oil Pump Removal with Engine in Car

gradea1 at charter.net gradea1 at charter.net
Fri Feb 18 18:45:45 MST 2022

That same shaft drives the tach and I believe a magnet properly placed
can keep it from dropping if you can carefully fish the pump body down
and out.
Suggest you pack the new pump with Vaseline to prime it when you
replace it. Be careful what you use to seal the sump to the block
gasket. If its too good (like right stuff!) you will break the alloy
upon removal. I use permatex to the sump, and only oil to the block.
Hank

Healeys"