[Healeys] BN1 brake system

simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com simon.lachlan at alexarevel.plus.com
Wed Aug 31 02:00:25 MDT 2022

Yes, for sure, an Eezibleeder helps. Keep the air pressure down, maybe a bit less than suggested in the destructions.

Otherwise, see this, below, from one of my manuals. (Curiously, not in all of them).

““If the bleeding of any cylinder continues without success for a considerable time, it is possible that air is being drawn in past the bleeder screw threads. In such cases tighten the bleeder screw at the end of each downward stroke* of the pedal and allow the pedal to return fully before re-opening it. Close the bleeder screw finally during the last pedal application.”

*ie to prevent air being drawn in during the upward passage of the pedal. (SDL 14/08/2019)”

I suppose that, the brakes being old, the threads get worn and let air back in as the pedal goes back up. So, I tighten the bleeder as the fluid is still coming out, ie before the downward stroke is finished. Slows the process up somewhat and tries the patience of ones wifely assistant.

Good luck anyhow.

Simon