[Healeys] BN1 brake system

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Aug 30 21:20:11 MDT 2022

I'll pass on something that was passed to me by another Lister, but
seems nonsensical on the surface:

I had the same problem you're having with my BN2. Someone suggested
pumping up the pedal as hard as possible, then hold pressure on the
pedal with something; I used a 2x4 of appropriate size backed-up by the
seat pan. I let it sit overnight and, in the morning I had good pedal!
There's no rational explanation for this phenomenon, but it's worth a
try when all else fails (the only thing I can think of is the M/C is
kind of wonky and makes bleeding difficult).